Saturday, April 10, 2010
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)
While it's true some people seem to find their life purpose easier than others, it's also true that God really does have a plan for every single person. In Ephesians, we see that we are to do good works God PREPARED IN ADVANCE for us to do.
Most people think finding your life purpose means doing something you truly love. The area in which you are passionate at. But what if things aren't so clear for you? What if you're not sure what your gifts are? What if you haven't discovered any particular talent that makes you think it could be your true calling in life?
Well, the next step in finding your life purpose is right in the Bible. All you have to do is read it. The Bible says Jesus told his disciples they were supposed to love one another as he had loved them.
You wouldn't dream of building high tower without a solid foundation. Discovering God's purpose for your life is exactly the same. The foundation of the process means getting really good at being a Christian. Yup, that means being nice to people even when you don't feel like it, forgiving people, and loving the unlovable people in the world.
So, what does all that stuff have to do with my life’s purpose? When you get good at being a Christian, you also get good at hearing from God. He's able to use you. He's able to work through you. And it's through that process that you'll discover your true purpose in life.
Getting really good at being a Christian means you stop thinking about you all the time. Take the focus off you and look for ways to be a blessing to someone else.
There is no better way to receive help and direction in your own life than to focus on someone else. It seems completely opposite of what the world tells you. After all, if you're not looking out for yourself, then who will? Well—that would be God.
When you focus on someone else's business, God will focus on yours. It means planting seeds in great soil, and then simply waiting for God to bring a harvest into your life.
Working with God to find your life purpose is like working as a team. When you take a step, God takes a step.
• Be willing to try some things that interest you. Take opportunities and risks. You will know very quickly if you've found the right thing for you.
• Be patient. Learning to trust that God will show you when the timing is right—that takes patience. God isn't going to show you every piece of the puzzle at once. If he does, you'll be so overwhelmed by it all.
• Don't waste your time on things you know aren't from God. "Get rich quick" schemes never work. Finding a Christian husband or wife won't happen if you're focused on activities and events that don't involve Christians.
• Don't let the people around you talk you into things. Just because it all sounds like a good idea from the world's view doesn't mean it's God's plan for you. Following God's leading sometimes means you have to say no to family or friends’s opinion. Following His designated way, no matter where it leads, will always be the best use and fulfilment of life .
• Never give up. You may not know your specific purpose today or tomorrow, but as long as you're really great at being a Christian, and have a close relationship with Him, you will discover it.
God bless you. Have a great Saturday :)
Posted by Kezia Gusmawan