Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Bible: The Oldest Book on Management
The Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5:3-10) articulates that the kingdom of God is a lifestyle comprising:
1. Fellowship with God,not merely adherence to religious rituals.
2. Motive, not appearance, is the bottom line. Man sees outward appearance, but God sees our heart.
3. This is equivalent to mission statement.
1. Servanthood leadership. As the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve (Matt 20:28, Mark 10:45)
2. Service is a gift of love to people in gratitude for God's gift of love to us.
1. Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear. (Mark 8:18)
2. It takes a dramatic turn of business environment to reinforce vision and change the business strategy.
1. So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch (Gen 6:14)
2. Plan ahead. Fail to plan means plan to fail.
1. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well (Matt 6:33)
2. Setting our minds on things above (God) not things on earth.
3. First things first. 80/20 principle.
1. Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men.. (1 Pet 2:13)
2. Each one is accountable to higher authority.
1. Moses' father-in-law said to Moses "The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone" Select capable and trustworthy men, then delegate them, this will make the load lighter (Exo 18:17-22)
2. The perfectionist CEO says: If I don't do it, no one will. Even if others do it, they would not do it right. This CEO will become burned-out.
1. There is a time for everything and a season for everything under heaven (Ecc 3:1)
2. Understanding the seasons of life for better prospective and the changed business situation for staying competitive.
1. This one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead (Phi 3:13)
2. Strategic focus/ targeted segmentation and forecasting is an essential ingredient for success.
1. Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls, his friend can help him up...A cord of three strands is not quickly broken (Ecc 4:9-12)
2. Team work divides the effort and multiplies the effect.
1. Which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough funds to complete it? (Luke 14:28)
2. This is similar to modern day cost analysis.
Praise the Lord!
Posted by Kezia Gusmawan