Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Benefits of Prayer

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. (Luke 18:1)


When we spend regular, daily time in prayer with God, we will experience a deeper relationship with Him. I just want to share a few blessings of prayer that became mine. These blessings can become yours as well =)


Prayer increases faith - I heard that a good way to grow in faith in God was to keep a prayer list. With my list in hand, I began to concern about my family, friends and myself to God each day. I was amazed as I can see how He answered one by one! So, each prayer, each answer, grows my faith in Him.

Prayer provides a place to release burdens - When we begin each day tell God our burdens and ask Him for help, we can then rise up and relieved. He cannot take our burden, unless we let it go.

Prayer assures that God is near - What should we do when trouble comes? When we don’t know what to do? I had the opportunity to find it out in these little experiences lately. It was raining heavily and I didn’t bring any umbrella. As I pray to God while walking outside my class, the rain stopped. In awe, I praised Him and walked home. After I arrived at my room, the heavy rain poured again. Feels like a miracle for me! The more we pray, the more we are reminded of God’s presence in our time of need.

Prayer makes us not to panic - We are not to give in, stress, or panic under pressure. We should pray instead. Turning to God to pray can replace the tendency to panic when problems come.

Prayer improves relationships - As we cannot think about ourselves and others at same time, we also cannot hate the person we are praying for, therefore as we bring them in our prayer, we will love and care more about them.

Prayer changes you - Maybe you have heard the phrase “Prayer Changes Things”. But once you develop a regular daily prayer life, I’m sure you’ll realize that “prayer changes you”!


Friends, we are blessed to enjoy the privilege of prayer, talking with our God.
May your heart be encouraged to pray.


God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment