Monday, February 22, 2010

How Does God Want to Use Me In Other's Lives



I exhort therefore, that . . . prayers . . . be made . . . for all that are in authority
1 Timothy 2:1-2

Do I faithfully pray for the leaders that God has placed in my life (e.g.parents, cell group leaders, pastor, employer, government), asking God to bless them, to meet their needs, to protect them, and to make them godly leaders?
When someone in a position of authority fails, do I pray for them, rather than criticizing or attacking them?

She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness
Proverbs 31:27

Am I a hard worker?
Am I attentive to the needs of those around me?
Am I faithful in fulfilling practical responsibilities in my home?

. . . well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the saints, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds
1 Timothy 5:10

Is my life characterized by compassion, sacrifice, and acts of service?
Do I have a reputation for reaching out to minister to the needs of others?

Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality
Romans 12:13

Am I sensitive to the needs of other believers?
Am I generous in sharing with others who are in need?
Do I open my home to minister to others?

Teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good
Titus 2:3

Is my life a godly example to younger women?
Am I self-controlled and temperate in the way I speak and in my lifestyle?
Am I actively involved in teaching younger women how to live their lives according to the Word of God?

Train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God
Titus 2:4–5

Are my priorities in order? God, family,study/career?
Am I adequately focused on loving and meeting the needs of my family?
Do I model a selfless, sacrificial, serving love for my family?
Is my spirit self-controlled, pure, and kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment