Friday, February 19, 2010

What Makes A Beautiful Woman



Your beauty should not come from outward adornment . . . . Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit
1 Peter 3:3–4

Do others see in me an inner radiance and beauty that are the result of a grateful, gentle spirit?
Do I focus more time and effort on cultivating inner spiritual beauty than I do on matters of external beauty?

This is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful
1 Peter 3:5

Am I more concerned about being holy than about being happy?
Am I placing my hope and trust in God rather than in people?

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised
Proverbs 31:30

Am I more concerned about cultivating my relationship with the Lord than about being fashionable, stylish, or physically attractive?
Do I live in the constant, conscious recognition of the presence of God?
Do I desire to please God more than I desire the approval of others?

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety
1 Timothy 2:9

Do I dress modestly?
Do my clothing styles encourage men to think pure thoughts, rather than stimulating them to have sensual thoughts or desires?
Do I dress in such way to draw attention to the heart and spirit of Jesus within me, rather than to my physical body?

“. . . not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes
1 Timothy 2:9

Do I avoid extreme or excessive fashions (hair, clothing, jewelry, make-up) that could draw attention to myself or cause people to be distracted?
Do I avoid extravagant jewelry or clothing that could show my wealth or cause others to be envious?
Do my clothes and outward appearance portray a spirit of moderation, purity?

No comments:

Post a Comment